& the slipper still fits

Inspiration Color - Fall

As much as I really dislike winter dear reader, I adore fall. I think I went to a New England school just for the changing colors and that haunted Halloween feel to everything. And so as the air gets colder at night and night seems to come on faster every day, I start to antsy for the bright and vibrant colors just out of reach.

This fall, I'm all about the "luxe" trend. I know, I'm still a whole style season behind. But the colors are just too beautiful and rich. Lets look:

Photo: http://weheartit.com/entry/3229031
The deep ruby color of pomegranates has always been one of my favorite colors to wear. And you can really pair any type of jewelry with it. I always remember the beautiful dress Marianne wears in the 2008 Sense and Sensibility and how vibrant and mysterious the color looks on her.

Photo: http://weheartit.com/entry/13804643
Who doesn't love mustard? Really! When this color came back last year I was so happy.  My favorite scarf is mustard color and I always feel so proper with it wrapped around my neck. Mustard is a great option if you're dead set against bright oranges or sunshine yellows. Its just the right about of powerful color and classy understatement.

Photo: http://weheartit.com/entry/12663234
I might be the only person to think this, and if that's the case, I'll put my foot in my mouth: figs are sexy. Figs, dates, sugar plums -- it doesn't get better than luxuriously eating one on a Sunday evening with a glass of wine. And the fig color is just as sexy. Purple -- soft ones with a hint of red to them, just hold a danger and a mystery you want to figure out. There's a reason most brothels in period pieces are the color purple or red, you know.

Photo: http://weheartit.com/entry/13844089
Its a list of fall colors people!! And I love my oranges! Blood orange is not pumpkin, but makes me smile just as much. Its not fall if you don't see those brilliant leaf colors spiraling through the air. Colors like blood orange remind me of walking my college campus during midterms; and seeing the color against bright white just makes me long for New England.

Photo: http://weheartit.com/entry/13858917
I always think you need one accent color that is completely different from everything else you're looking at. That's what aqua (okay so close aqua...I think...) is for me this season. All year I've had this love affair with old fashioned seaside looks and Hampton chic; aqua in this fall line up is an extension of the seaside trend for me.

I'm sure you're thinking this build up towards fall is WAY too early. But I love fall and I want to have as much time to bask in its glory as physically possible. So I start early and hold on to it for as long as I can, even after the last leaf has fallen. I hope you feel the same way about a season. I'd love to hear about it!